Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Nightmares

I wish I could sleep better. Longer. Geez... some nights, at all! Insomnia seems to be my lot in life. 

Of course, like everyone, I’ve researched the standards: What to eat. What not to eat. When to eat... The same for drinking. And let’s not forget exercise. When. For how long. What type... ugh. So much to go through, just to get a decent nights rest.

Then this little tidbit found its way to my in box. 


(No, actually, I didn’t... and uh, the article picture alone, could give nightmares...)

Curiosity piqued - and somewhat wanting to get that image out of my head - I dug a little deeper. 

WebMD indeed points out, that too cold, or too hot, will cause your body to struggle to achieve a happy temperature. 

Around 67-68 degrees, tends to work best. Any warmer or colder could lead to restlessness, which affects REM. (Rapid Eye Movement - a.k.a. the stage of sleep in which you dream - a.k.a. Hello insomnia and nightmares!)

To add further insult to this situation, women tend to have more nightmares than men. This is due to changes in body temperature, thanks to monthly cycles. 

Time to adjust my thermostat accordingly.  😜

No comments:

Post a Comment